Yesterday TSSU members had their say on SFU’s “final package” and over 86% voted NO. This is yet another strong show of support from our membership as we raised our voices in solidarity. The membership has voted NO cuts to the ELC/ITP Program, NO to removing rights of return for sessionals and NO ignoring the problems of access to work and increasing workloads for TA/TMs.
TSSU’s Contract Committee has informed SFU Administration that we are ready to return to the bargaining table as early as Wednesday afternoon. We hope that this strong rejection from our members will motivate SFU Administration to move toward settlement. Our core issues remain to be addressed:
- Access to benefits and fair working conditions for ELC/ITP instructors
- Seniority for Sessional Instructors
- Access to work and protection from overwork for Teaching Assistants & Tutor Markers
- Agreement to follow BC Law on on Health and Safety and Payment of Wages
- A fix to the childcare fund to get money into the hands of parents
Please join us to celebrate the NO vote!
Friday Sept 25, 2015 4:30pm-late
Highland Pub – SFU Burnaby Campus
To help plan further job action, members should attend the next Greater Committee Meeting on Monday September 28th from 5:30pm-7:30pm at a room TBD. See the calendar on TSSU.ca for updates.