The prospect of pickets during SFU’s 50th anniversary celebration and your solidarity in “marking for education, not administration” has caused significant movement. The VP Academic, Jon Driver, has agreed to takeover as Chief Spokesperson for SFU Administration. We will enter into continuous bargaining starting at noon on Tuesday September 8th. Mediator Vince Ready will join the process on Friday Sept 11 and is available throughout the weekend as well.
As a result of negotiations throughout today, we have agreed to change our picketing plans, and will no longer be picketing on Wednesday Sept 9. Here’s an outline of next week’s job action:
“Marking for Education” continues, for those who did not teach in the summer, you can find the instructions here: http://strike.tssu.ca/marking-for-education/ and more stickers are available in the office.
- Tuesday Sept 8 Morning: Pickets will commence as scheduled at 7:30am around the Applied Sciences Building and continue until noon. Please see below for clarifications about this picket.
- Tuesday Sept 8 Afternoon: Your contract committee will commence bargaining with VP Academic Jon Driver as SFU Administration’s spokesperson and bargaining will continue through the weekend.
- Tuesday Sept 8 5:00pm: join the Greater Committee meeting at 5:00pm in AQ 5049 to help plan the next stages of job action.
- Wednesday Sept 9 Evening: There will no longer be picket lines, instead join us outside Strand Hall from 5:30 pm-9:00 pm for the TSSU Celebration of Solidarity.
- Thursday Sept 10: Join TSSU at the Week of Welcome to try your hand at sessional snakes and ladders, pin the collective agreement on Starfleet Captain A. Petter, and more.
- Friday Sept 11: All members are welcome to join TA/TM day at Halpern Centre and the social afterwards starting at 4:30pm in the Highland Pub. Mediator Vince Ready will join the bargaining process at 9:00am
- Saturday Sept 12 & Sunday Sept 13: Your contract committee is available for continued mediation throughout the weekend.